Thursday, November 29, 2012

Being sick makes him normal!!

Ok so I know that the word NORMAL is anything but the correct way to refer to a child but, geez I am so mind blown by his behavior when sick!  He acts just like a typical 2 year old.  He is of course whiny because he doesn't feel well BUT, and its a HUGE BUT...He gives me Love and is happy?  I have been told by his therapist that it can go either way.  Some kids with autism are more symptomatic while sick and others (like Jojo) are less symptomatic.  I hate having a sick lil guy but I love the glimpse into the way he really is.  I really think that when he is sick his body is so busy trying to fight off the illness that it cant stim or he doesn't have the extra energy to do the autism-like behaviors?  Here is the best moment thus far, I caught it in a picture too:

No comments:

Post a Comment