Friday, August 17, 2012

Pancakes, Please!

Therapy Painting
This has been a crazy week to say the least. Emotions have been all over the place. I find myself going back n forth with the "why me" and the "smack this shit in the face" attitude. For tonight's sake I feel pretty depleted but I have seen so much progress that my heart is full. How can I feel two totally different emotions at the same time? I have asked myself this a lot over the past 13 weeks. Yup, I am keeping track of the weeks since therapy first started.

In the past weeks I have seen more eye contact, I love the gazes even if they don't last long it always melts my heart. In the last week or so I have heard his VOICE!! My boy is now making the babbling noises. He is gaa gaa and ya ya all day on a good day. And the bestest news yet is he has been consistently saying maamaa. I don't think he relates it to me exactly but I don't care I relish in the moment. It's more of a repetitive sound for him.

This is a day he had to be in the tub!!!
He is still having plenty of stimming issues and I often wonder if its an ISSUE or just him being him? He just really likes to flap his ears and wail a hummed toon that only he knows. It takes him to his own happy place. He has started spinning a little more but if I correct him he is pretty good at stopping. Usually redirecting or distracting him works well.

I have to note that I'm at my local ihop writing this over a short stack of pancakes, pure delight!! The table next to me is occupied by a father and a set of six yr old twins, yup I asked! And it was so awesome to see the interaction and between father and kids. They were definitely going bananas on him but he kept his composure and handled it with a smile. By the time they left his daughter was under the table hiding and his son was in the bathroom screaming he needed to go potty! It was all too cute and made me smile and think, hey typical kids can be a handful too(just a different handful) OK time to head home back to reality and back to where my make believe land (of it all just going away) is nothing more than my glamorized imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment