Saturday, August 18, 2012

A baking pity party day!

The last few days have been anything but easy, my sweet boy has been having what I now call "a jojo kinda day" this consists of random screaming, the kind that makes the veins in his neck pulsate. Running back and forth down the hall on his tip toes, Flapping his ears or spinning around. he gets into a kind of daze, calling his name is a sad reminder of what's really going on. I say,"jojo jojo jojo!" and he doesn't even bat an eye or look my way.

When these days happen I drive myself mad. He is very content in this world of his own. It's when I interrupt that world that he gets upset. I try to come up with creative play ideas or simple distraction methods. All of which don't seem to work right now. These are the days that I just cry. I cry for sake of not knowing what to do. I cry for the sadness I feel for my boy, I can't imagine the frustration he feels when he can't communicate to me what he needs or wants. After a good cry I have no choice but to regroup and get it together. I find all of this so tiring lately but I just know that someday (I hope soon) things will be easier. Until then I shall cry, regroup, and then bake!!

Today I baked a cake for my teens birthday tomorrow to relieve some of my stress. A yummy homemade marble cake with chocolate buttercream icing.
Baking is a release for me. I absolutely love it. The smell, the smiles for those who get the "goods" and the feeling of accomplishment when it's just the way it should be.

Here's to a great week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment