Wednesday, September 12, 2012

How it came to be

On January 4, 2010 I woke up feeling different and had a feeling this was MY month to finally join the pregnant crew that had been forming in my circle of friends and family.  I waited all day and then did my favorite thing, I peed on a stick! At this time I had probably done this at least a few times a month for the past year, each month I would buy like ten tests and swear thhis was it!  This month was different, I was so shocked that it was a bright double pink line on the test!  I of course, went straight to the store and bought more expensive tests to "make sure." I decided to go to my sisters house because it was closer to the store and I couldn't wait.  So I tested and again, positive. It all seemed so unreal.  My youngest was already 7yrs old and we had a loss by ovarian ectopic a few years back so I was just ecstatic but worried.

 Of course I had to have a cool way to tell my hubby so I went home and told him I was pretty sure I was suffering from a blastocyst.  He kinda just looked up at me with his eye brow cocked and said, "uh what's that?" I told him we should google it.  Took him a good five minutes to figure out that a blastocyst is a very early cell formation that evolves into the growing fetus.  His look was priceless and that marked the beginning of our final pregnancy journey(thanks for the idea T)


 It was going to the best pregnancy ever, I mean I was older, I thought that meant I knew it all, and I had the financial means to not have to worry about the little things this time around, and the kids were older and self sufficient, basically well trained lil robots so this would be a breeze, so I thought!

1 comment:

  1. I should acknowledge that I stole that idea of the blastocyst from a good friend!! Wink wink T!!

    ReplyDelete